Salary: $21.36 -$33.73 hourly -depending on experience.
To assess, plan, develop, coordinate, conduct, and evaluate training effectiveness for new and continuing service-wide clinical education needs for the MU Health Care Ambulance Service. This position is responsible for enhancing field staff development and to develop training opportunities resulting in a highly engaged and productive workforce.
- Identify training needs based on current strategic organizational and departmental goals in collaboration with organizational leaders, Unit-based/Facility Educators, and other content experts.
- Develop and design curriculum and program content based on identified and prioritized needs utilizing innovative and best practices to create and update education programs/training materials to ensure programs/materials are current, relevant, meet stated objectives, and are compliant with regulatory and industry standards.
- Coordinates and participates in new hire orientation and training activities for emergency medical technicians/paramedics (i.e. didactic/skills training, AHA classes, regulatory training).
- Utilize a variety of teaching methodologies to air medical programs including but not limited to, instructor-led simulation, scenarios, role-playing, online training, and blended learning to integrate concepts of adult learning into education.
- Document the effectiveness of education programs through subjective evaluation of participants, as well as testing, clinical observation, competency, and participant feedback.
- Manage data entry for the upkeep of records, testing material, and student records.
- Mentor and coach students at all levels of competence and document such.
- Maintain patient care reporting software and equipment used for patient charting.
- Continually evaluates own knowledge and skills and develops/pursues a professional development plan that includes ongoing education, research, networking, and review of evidence-based practice.
- Facilitate the development of educational materials and web-based training for staff education. This includes writing, reviewing, editing, content expert approval, graphic enhancement, testing, implementation, and evaluation of effectiveness.
- Supervise and participate in the operation of an advanced life support ambulance or the emergency center on a given shift, for both the emergency and the routine transport of sick and/or injured patients while administering advanced life support as necessary
- Three (3) years of clinical experience.
- Experience as a clinical educator or familiarity with adult learning concepts.
- Paramedic (EMT-P or EMT-CP) licensure by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS).
- Chauffeur driver's license; class E or higher for Missouri residents.
- Associate’s degree or sixty (60) college hours.
- BLS, PALS, NRP, or ACLS Instructor Certification.
- EMS Instructor course by the National Association of EMS Education (NAEMSE), or Missouri EMS Instructor class, or equivalent certification.
- Additional license/certification requirements as determined by the hiring department.
Apply for this position by visiting https://www.muhealth.org/jobseeker. Additional information can be requested by emailing email@example.com.