MAA Summer Leadership Seminar
Reimbursement & HR,
Board Member Training
(Basic & Advanced)
Medical Director Training
Approved for 6 hours
June 28th-29th, 2022
1-5 pm | 8 am-5 pm
Lodge of 4 Seasons
Lake Ozark, Mo.
Cost for Seminar: $175 for MAA Members
$275 for Non- Members
(Price includes breakfast, lunch & breaks)
Commercial Members: Included with membership
June 28th, 2022
8:00-5:00 -Board Member Training-Basic Monte Olson
This workshop will provide the necessary training and education required for newly appointed fire and ambulance district board members under Missouri state law. The Missouri Association of Fire Protection Districts and the Missouri Ambulance Association have developed the curriculum used in this class to assist new board members in understanding legal liabilities and personal obligations of their position. Topics include: authority of the board, responsibilities, rules, laws of elected boards, elections, and how to preside at a meeting.
1:00 - 5:00 - Human Resources: Kevin Fairlie, JD, MHA
Current Legal and Operational Issues
Kevin will provide an overview of the current, but constantly evolving, issues and laws impacting the management of your workforce. He will discuss real world examples to bring to light the practical implication of various employment laws on your day-to-day operations.
- Leave law issues and common mistakes;
- 2. Properly handling internal investigations;
- 3. Trends in discrimination cases;
- 4. How your organization’s insurance policies impact employment cases;
- 5. Tort liability and how it impacts your workforce;
- 6. The increasing DOJ/OIG focus on emergency ambulance services and how your workforce is instrumental in keeping you compliant and out of trouble.
1:00 - 5:00 Medical Director Training & Networking-
(More information to come)
7:00-8:00 Breakfast & Registration
8:00-5:00 Advanced Board Member Training - Monte Olson
This course is designed to provide additional fire protection district (FPD) and ambulance district (AD) training beyond the existing eight hour Certified Fire and Ambulance District Board Training (CFADBT). This is an opportunity for participants to delve into the more advanced topics faced by district board members. Basic Board Member is a prerequisite to take the course.
8:00-5:00 -Reimbursement Updates-Brian Werfel, .
- Medicare Update on coverage/reimbursement matters.
- Medicare Update on compliance matters
- Facility contracting discussion
- Prior authorization for repetitive patients
- No Surprises Act/Balance billing
8:00-5:00 Medical Director Training & Networking-
(More information to come)
Lodge of the Four Seasons
315 Four Seasons Drive
Lake Ozark, MO 65049
Room rate: $169
Reservation deadline: September 9, 2020
Reservations: (888) 265-5500 or click this link:
Ask for the Missouri Ambulance Association or MAA Special Rate